Website: kristen.dutko-grove.stampinup.net

Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28

When I woke up this morning I knew I was going to stamp.....I try to stamp something everyday!  Then I was looking at the postings on Stampin' Connection and this post just grabbed by attention.  It was a post asking for donations of birth announcements for a rural maternity ward in Arizona.  That was it!  This is what I was going to stamp today...birth announcements.  I decided to do a pack of ten birth announcements for "GIRLS".  I have a cute stamp set that I used for my son when he was born and that was the first and last time I used this stamp set.  It was perfect:)

I love being able to do things for others, as I feel we all should.  This was a way I could use my stamping abilities and extra product for a good cause.  So I handstamped ten really cute "It's a Girl!" birth announcements.  I would love to be able to do this more often and now I think I will.  Ususally we make stacks of cards for SWAP's, and we get cards in return for the hard work we put into making these cards.  But there is something special about not getting something in return but just knowing that you are making someone's day a little bit better by using your talents.  It is a really good feeling to do that!  Kind of addicting actually.  So as I keep looking at posts on Stampin' Connection for more cards that I may be able to make and donate to a good cause, I challenge all of you to do the same.  We have all been blessed with talents and abilities that can make a difference.  We need to use these more often.  So next time you see a post asking for your help, don't look past it, read on and make a difference with your talent!!!!

1 comment:

  1. If anyone feels generous, they can make cards for Operation Hero. I just received the Operation Hero stamp that needs to be on the back of all the handmade cards for soldiers use. I hope to use some of these designs for that. The butterfly looked great. Check it out. You make the greeting cards for the soldiers to send to their family when they are away.
    http://operationwritehome.org/

    ReplyDelete